Sunday, January 20, 2008

Wintertime Here In North Carolina

I had big plans to go up to the hunt club this weekend. Unfortunately the weater forecasters were wrong as usual. Beginning as sleet, 4-5 inches of snow was forecast. I didn't want to risk traveling 86 miles one way just to go take down stands and put out my cameras, so I stayed home. While 4-5 inches is not much to northerners, here in the south, it paralyzes most! People here can't drive....

Instead I stayed home on the internet researching do-it-yourself turkey hunts. My guide last year to my Osceola bird has harvested a bird in 39 states, most all on public land. So, as I near my successful Grand Slam, I felt like this was what I wanted to do. How neat would it be to take turkeys in every state in the US, including Hawaii! So stay tuned, hopefully I can come up with some useful information to share.

2 comments:

Moose said...

Good luck on finishing the slam. Killing a bird in every state would be pretty cool, Does Alaska have any?

Rick said...

moose.....Not to my knowledge, I suppose the winters are just too harsh! Thanks for posting! Rick